Hugh's woes

Hi Hugh,
    First, let me express my sympathies for you and thank the lord that
everyone was okay. As far as the car, I don't know what Insurance rules
are like where you are but in Jersey if you have collision on your car
they have to replace the car with a like car or give you what it would
cost to replace less your deductible. When my wife got hit a couple of
years ago a friend who was in the insurance industry told me that they
have to repair or replace the car. Armed with that info and ads showing
what I had to spend to replace the car I started my fight with the
insurance co. They started by wanting to pay 1000.00 for the car which
was a 77 Town Coupe with 50,000 miles and in mint orig cond. It took
about 3 months of arguing but I finally got them to pay 4000.00 for the
car. They don't want to do the work to find out what the car is worth but
if you can prove it to them they will eventually pay for it. It just
takes time.
    Good Luck
    Allan R