Hugh's problems

Hugh,
Let me heap my sympathies upon what is sure to be a
sizeable pile of condolences from the IML.  At least
nobody was hurt.  One thing perplexes me, however:
Doesn't the '92 Imperial have ABS?  Is the system on
your particular car inoperative?  Or did it actually
kick in and cause the increased braking distance?

Perhaps if the insurance company does "total it out",
you can buy it back from them.  A fellow at my complex
recently did that.  He had a 1992 Saab that got hit in
the front, and he took the money for the car (a couple
thousand dollars, I believe), turned around and bought
the car back from them for $200, and fixed it himself
back to where it was driveable.  Granted, you would
probably wish to get the Imperial back into as nice a
condition as possible, and that might involve spending
some of your own money, but that's a possibility, at
least.  There may even be some legal recourse in
claiming the car is a "classic" of some sort, as it is
no longer produced.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

My girlfriend left me