lug nut rhyme -- sort of

You got it backwards - -

Passenger's (right) side has right hand threads - so clockwise (right) to
tighten and counterclockwise to loosen.

Driver's (left) side has left hand threads - so counterclockwise (left) to
tighten and clockwise to loosen.

Or, turn the bolt/nut to the front of the car to tighten and to the rear to
loosen.

And it should be :
> Lefty loosey, righty tighty -- except on the DRIVER'S side of
> 1940-1970 Mopars!

Bill
Vancouver, BC