Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 11:48 PM
Subject: Re: IML: window motor test

Bob

the ground is the chassis of the motor, the two wires are for fwd and reverse or up and down, yes you can use a charger, 1st scrape all the liquid electrical tape off and then take apart the motor, spray it down with alcohol or electrical contact spray, then spray it out with compressed air. after you put it back together use some of that red grease to lube it back up and then coat the entire thing except the part where the strap sits with liquid electrical tape, that should do it.

brandt
63 le baron
99 chevy s10

Hi All.
I am restoring my 68 Imperial crown convertible.
And I have all the windows motors out and I want to test some off the extra
ones that I have and I want to lube the ones that are out.
There is two wires that come out off the motor is one of these a ground and
can I use a battery charger for power .
Any help would be great for I do not want to ruin these motors.
Thank you.
Bob