How Many Hides for a 1965 Convertible?

My brother-in-law here in Iowa is planning to have his '65 convertible's
seats redone, and will probably buy the correct pearlescent leather from
Kileen's, but would like to know how many hides to expect to need to recover
the front and rear seats--he was told 15 hides, but that sounded like a lot.
I guess he actually has (3) questions:

(1) How many square feet in a typical "hide"?
(2) How many square feet needed for the seats?  (Or how many "hides"?)
(3) What surfaces are actually covered in leather?  (i.e., is there any
vinyl used for the sides, etc.?)

Thanks for your advice,

Mike Trettin
1956 Imperial Sedan, Turquoise