Kerry's new 61 Limo saga

< Well, I'm bored, time for a new project.  Here's the plan - to build a
stretch limo based on the 61 Imperial. >

And I thought that I was the only dreamer!
In pondering the 65 Crown coupe and 66 LeBaron that a friend of mine has I
also toyed with the idea of building a GeeA!
I too gave a lot of consideration for the stretch to accommodate the divider
and rear entry.
At first I thought about using the coupe with its longer doors in front to
allow a full range of seat adjustment in front of the divider, but I decided
that the back of the coupe would serve better to create the real limo aspect
of the project allowing for a graceful entry.
The plan would go something like this.
Separate the LeBaron body at a point in the rear door where the back edge
leaves the sill.
Separate the coupe about one-third back from the front edge of the door.
MIG weld the bodies together along with the back half of the coupe doors to
the front half of the back LeBaron doors.
This will create somewhat long and maybe cumbersome back doors, but ones that
definitely allow for easy egress.
Custom glass for the back doors to be made using the hardware from the back
of the coupe door and the front of the LeBaron back door.
The divider would be somewhat jagged at the ends to meet between the front
and back doors, but allow for front seat adjustment.
The difference between the combined overall length of the two cut bodies and
the original car would determine the amount of stretch to the chassis,
hopefully accomplished in a manner similar to stretching the body, meaning
using the front of one and the back of the other.
Lengthen the drive shaft, the fuel line, splice the wiring harness and have a
brake line made and after some bodywork, paint and a lot of interior detail a
GeeA is born!
I haven't actually studied the contours or taken any real measurements to see
if this would be plausible, but it kept my mind busy.
Probably a good thing that I can't weld because two cars that are someone
else's problem might turn into four pieces that are now my problem!

Roy
67 Crown FDHT