Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 2:10 AM
Subject: IML: Dr. Mopar

Thanks Hugh for your tip on Dr. Mopar. I will get an E-mail off to him tonight. A previous owner of my '59 replaced one of the missing arm rest crowns in the back seat with a Chrysler pentastar emblem which looks very out of place. Right now my tail light rings have nothing on them, since I removed all the crowns, and got them all out without breaking off the two pins that mount them, but I only have three. I got them out by slowly prying with a small screw driver until they were just lifting out, then sprayed some rust buster bolt remover on both the pins, and letting it sit a while. Then I sprayed more of the bolt remover, and pried them slowly out, now I can send them out to get gold plated, but actually someone told me about a different plating which would be more durable than gold, when I get the name of it I will post it. As for your eagle emblems that go in front of both doors under the windshield, as someone already posted, emblemagic.com has them, but they are very pricey, I think $125.00 a piece! They also have a shield that goes inside the base of the eagle on the '58 flightsweep deck lid which I am missing, but it is also around $125.00. I am also looking for a front swivel seat closer to home. I found one from Phil in New York, but to ship it across country will cost me as much as the seat! Will the swivel seat from other years close to '59 also work on my '59? The guy that sold me the car was going to throw in an old swivel seat that he had sitting out in the same field, but it had no hardware for attaching it, and it was in horrible shape, basically just a rusted seat frame, and after getting the price down, the swivel seat offer went out the window. Thanks again!
Bill '59 Crown