Imperials A Plenty but going soon?

Hugh, that is our own Bob Hoffmeister's email address.  He must be planning on hauling the herd up to his "Imperial Heaven" yard in Nebraska.  Bob is one of the good guys.

Kerry

  hugh hemphill <hugtrees@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

So, I went to Dr. Mopar's place near Bastrop. There is a direct road there
from IH35, HWY 2001 from Buda.

As well as thoroughly scoping the two 58s in the yard, of which more,
perhaps, later, I wandered around as the good doctor has been busy and has
both acquired and disposed of a lot of stuff since I was there maybe six
months ago.

First, the good news. He must have over twenty Imperials. having just come
back from a meet with a 66, 67 & 68 Imperial, it was quite weird to see a
66, 67 & 68 all pretty much together in the yard. All are pretty much
intact. The 67 has a good grille and one good corner lamp lens. the other
is too crazed to be of much more than emergency use. Lots of fuselage
stuff, too and also the late 70's. He also has an '81. Smashed wind shield
and other significant issues, but it has three snow drop wheels.

The bad news is all these Imperials are going away. To a scra p dealer
somewhere in the deep south. This guy's e-mail address is something like '
impparts@xxxxxxxxx ' or that's what I was told. I forget which state
exactly he said. Anyhoo, is this guy trying to corner the market here or
what? They was tons of excellent stuff here for the Imperialist. I have
always found Dr. Mopar to very reasonable in terms of price and have never
heard a complaint from anyone who has dealt with him. He does just about
all his business by internet. If he has a phone number, I have never found
it.

His e-mail address is

DrMopar440@xxxxxxx

Hugh