HISTORIC LICENSE PLATES ???

There are numerous vendors listed in Hemmings that sell old license plates, and
many specifically indicate they have Maryland plates.  I can't speak to the
process the MD DMV may have as to the restrictions on their use.  I believe
that MD permits year of manufacture (YOM) plates to be used.

Through a vendor in New York, I located a 1959 District of Columbia plate.
Unfortunately he only had one, but DC plates are pretty scarce, not to mention
trying to find one for a particular year.  DC does not permit YOM plates to be
used, but that wasn't going to stop me.  I requested and got a personalized new
plate with the same letter/number sequence as that on the '59 plate.  Now I
have the new plate with the registration stickers on the back of the car, and
the vintage plate on the front.  I've never been questioned.

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown
1972 Buick Riviera
1983 Chrysler Cordoba