The Beam. (was: demolition men)

----Original Message Follows----
From: Peter Engel <vze2dp8c@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>The extra boxed crossmember beam under the radiator support is key.  As my
>friend says "NOBODY gets past the beam."
_______

What year Imperials have "The BEAM"?
Is this an item unique only to the full-framed Imperials?

  The reason why the Imperials I saw and competed against did poorly must
have been due to frame rust and bad prep. They,and any other non-station
wagon cars,would mostly either fold up or down where the rear,straight part
of the frame met the hump that goes over the rear-end. When they bent
down,the back bumper would drag in the dirt and cause people to drive into
the trunk. When they bent up,it left the rear axle vulnerable and would
cause the car to get hung-up easily...and the leaf-springs would usually go
up thru the trunk in most of 'em too.

  I'd still have to stick with something like a '69-'72 Chrysler Town &
Country wagon...with the bumper that surrounds the front-end.
Unless it didn't have the dreaded "BEAM",that is.

Steve from Albany,N.Y.
'75 Imp 4dr <--does it have the BEAM?
'79 440 powered 35 ft RV <--just don't hit the pass-side in the middle.
There are 2 huge,ASME propane tanks under there! No one would win THAT
battle.