electric lock/int lights problem found-need solution

electric lock/int lights problem found-need solution

   Hi Kevin,(and List)

You wrote: >> That means there is a short in one of the wires.  The only
problem is, is that I dont know where that wire may be touching bare metal.
How do I find this wire? <<

I'll usually use an Ohm-meter in this case. One that beeps once continuity
(an unbroken path for elect to flow) is found,is one that is easiest for
me,anyway.

Place one lead from your Multi-meter/Ohm-meter on the wire you want to
check...and the other lead to ground. If the suspected wire is touching
ground,the meter will beep.

Note: Remember to unplug the lights in the circuit you are
testing,otherwise,you will get a false indication because you will be
checking thru the bulbs.

Note #2: Most Multi-meters are not designed to have current sent thru them
when they are set on the OHMS setting. At least mine is that way. You might
want to unhook your Imps battery just in case.

I'd suggest getting a wiring schematic or Factory Body Service manual. They
are a big help

Steve from Albany,N.Y.
'75 Imp 4dr <--no elect probs <knock on wood>
'79 440 powered 35 ft RV