LeBaron convertible?

Besides the '82-95 Labaron Conv.but ?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 11:09 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: LeBaron convertible?

Today was the first day of spring and to celebrate I put the top down
and drove my '68 Crown convertible to work.  On the way home I noticed
something I had never really noticed before.  Well, I had noticed it but
never thought about it.  The seats are the same pattern as used in the
LeBaron, not the Crown.

Then I got to thinking.  Why didn't Imperial badge their convertible as
a LeBaron and not a Crown?  Yes, it's based on the Crown coupe (or 2 dr.
hardtop), I suppose, but would anybody object if it had a LeBaron name?
I would think this would give the convertible a bit more status.  Or
were they trying to preserve the LeBaron name for the 4 dr.?

My car is a '68.  Was there ever a LeBaron convertible?

Thanks, Mark