96% Original

Hello, List & All:
 I followed with great interest the many posts last week on the subject of
'Original vs. Modified'. And after reading all the posts, I felt that I was
firmly in the 'Original camp'... as I desperately want my Limo projects to be
true to the original design ... then as I was going thru the stacks of material
I've collected, I read the following in a Chrysler manual.

........................Modifications......................................
Slight modifications in design as dictated by field experience or desire to
improve the unit, or change of material due to inability to procure those
originally specified may become necessary. Such changes in design will be
obvious and, wherever possible, parts or assemblies will be interchangeable
with the original design.

 This spoke very loud to me, I've been very sucessful so far staying true to
'original', but at a great effort, which may not be justified in the end
results. As I've felt (in the back of my mind) that possibly my effort at
'original' did not result in the best or safest or, or, or ... I now feel that
the above statement from the designers themselves give me  'the restorer', the
license to modify as dictated by 'field experience or desire to improve the
unit....'
 So, sorry 'original camp', I guess I've been drafted by the 'Modified camp'...
as it just makes more sense, and as I said, that statement just 'spoke' to me.

George ...'with the soon to be beautiful '55 & '56 Limo's'...(96% original)

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@xxxxxxxx!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/