Welding Exhaust Headers

They can be welded, I had my 68 done as one had begun to crack. That was 3years ago. They weld with a powder, its not arc from what I was told by the guy they heap this powder on the crack or holes and apply heat and it  turns liquid and runs. I had it done after removing the header at a weld shop .  Wish you luck.  Les and The Baron