1962 Bad "Braking" Vibrations & Dual Masters

1962 Bad "Braking" Vibrations & Dual Masters

Hope this helps, Max, but reading the description of what the mechanic did,
did you have a brake wheel cylinder or axle seal leaking? If so, even though
he cleaned everything out, if the brake shoes got soaked with brake fluid or
grease, they'll still shudder and grab when braking.
I went thru this same scenario on my old Dodge truck, I replaced the bad
wheel cylinder, but even though I cleaned the shoes with brakleen, plus
scuffed them with sandpaper, before long, the shoes would get hot and glaze
again. Then the shudder or jerking when braking will return.
This was on an old beater truck, but would be intolerable on an Imperial.
I expect your brake shoes have became contaminated, either with brake fluid,
or possibly, rear end grease. If either thing has occured, best to repair
whatever is leaking and get new brake shoes. Turning the drum won't help,
it's not caused by an out of round condition.