Rusteco experience

I have some knowledge of the Rusteco rust remover,
since Michael uses it in his motorcycle restorations.
(it is commonly used to derust the inside of
cycle gas tanks). The claim that it won't harm paint
or rubber is true, it seems to be completely harmless.
The claim that it can be reused many times is a little
hyped - it clearly worked much better the first time or two the solution is used. Also, it works much better if you don't get in a big hurry - give it plenty of time and it will do a nice job. Naturally, the worse the rust, the longer the time required. To restore a lightly rusted tank
may only take a few hours, real rust may require days.
Not sure how well it would work with anything but immersion, brushing on for example. All in all, a good product in the right application. A little pricey, but on the other hand what's your paint worth? Fortunately for us,
we won't be needing it on the Imperial - no rust!
Hope this helps

Roger Farrar in San Diego
'67 Crown Convertible