1959 "correct" engine color?

This post surprises me.  It really does.  Since your mechanic is always
suggesting ways to "improve" your car - incorrect generator, repositioning
the rear view mirror, etc, etc - why not just ask him?  Maybe he has some
"Performance Chevy" paint that will look just fabulous.

Oh, and guess what?  When I had the generator rebuilt on my 1958, an
inexpensive and  pretty quick job, the external and internal lights were
brighter as a result.  Go figure!

Hugh
(At least I'm not bitter)

> Hello! Does anyone out there know what color the engine block, valve
covers,
> etc., are supposed to be on a 1959 Imperial?  Mine are a hot red, but I've
> seen many that are turquoise, which I know GM was big on during this era.
Let