No Brakes, and thanks to the webmasters!

No Brakes, and thanks to the webmasters!

Jason,

In addition to suggestions put forth by other members,
I would: (following FSM instructions of course)

1.  Check your master cylinder level (see item 4),
then adjust the brake shoes manually AFTER closing the
master cylinder's cap.  Reason:  New shoes don't
always set in right after an install, which can cause
the wheel cylinders to overextend.  Result:  no
brakes, soft feel, no fluid in master cylinder.

2.  Bleed the brakes of all air.  IMHO this could be a
good time to switch to DOT 5 silicon fluid (there is a
variety of IML opinion on this).  However, you may
want to postpone this action until after you have
isolated the problem.

3.  Check your brake lines for ruptures/damage that
could have occurred during maintenance.

4.  Check your master cylinder fluid level before and
after you've done item 1.  If afterwards, your
cylinder level is still low, you will need to
disconnect the brake lines from the cylinder, connect
some hoses and bleed the cylinder into itself.  Next,
for safety's sake, reconnect the brake lines and bleed
the whole system.  If you were lucky adjusting the
brake shoes might pushed enough fluid back into the
master cylinder to eliminate trapped air in the
system.

Hope this helps, second opinions welcomed.

Don't drive her until this is fixed!  Good luck!

All,

Many thanks to the webmasters for the "Member of the
Month" section and the virtual plant tour.  We really
have an impressive site!  It's especially important to
me because the closest Imperialist brother I can meet
in the flesh is my buddy Yasushi in Japan.

Thanks,

Steve in Korea

owned by Krusher in drydock (64 Crown Coupe)