1958 page:Check It Out

Woo-hoo!!

The 1958 page is continuing to grow by leaps and bounds.  I am excited to
announce the addition of two new member's vehicles.  Denis Dougherty's
marvelous convertible and Sam Haberman's, 'The One, The Only, "The Banana
Boat."'  Both picture sets come with an essay about the cars which make for
entertaining reading.  Thanks heartily, gentlemen.

http://www.imperialclub.com/YearbyYear/1958/index.htm

And soon to follow will be Dick Benjamin's comprehensive examination of the
by now quite famous tan coupe on its way to Keith Hopping in New Zealand.
Accompanying Dick's insightful text are no less than twenty pictures.

And then, before the world gets too much older, Dick Bachman has agreed to
add his car to the page as well.  Gotta love it.

On the magazine article side, I have begun deluging the Trettins with a ton
of 1958 Imperial and 1958 Auto Industry related articles.  I am anticipating
the arrival of a "Look" magazine 1958 car preview which has the good taste
to feature the Imperial very prominently on its cover.  Poor Mike & Chris
can anticipate that, the Motor Trend magazine, and the Science and Mechanics
magazines into the bargain,  not to mention full page advert number
fourteen!  (Ya gotta get lucky and choose a year with horrible sales
following a year with the best sales ever to get this much stuff!)

Both the colour brochure and the black & white brochure are also now on the
site.  At Mike's suggestion, we want to expand the amount of detail pics on
the spotters guide section.  I can do some on my car but it would be
wonderful if other folks would join in.  Anyone?

I have made arrangements to get good prints of the 90 image sales film strip
sent to up to Iowa as well.  Along with the "sound track," this will add a
remarkable dimension to the already expansive coverage of this year.

My thanks to Kenyon Willis for kick starting this documentation "race."  We
both welcome challengers from each and every year of Imperial.

All this progress is very much the result of team work.  Its amazing what a
bunch of dedicated folks can do.

Hugh