Kevins '71 Spinning Tires in the Dirt. (was: Need advice on engine re-bu

Kevins '71 Spinning Tires in the Dirt. (was: Need advice on engine re-build

  Hello Kevin, (and List)
  A "little Girl"??   *GASP*     Now THAT is bad.
  My advice to you would be to buy this book for the Chrysler B-RB engine
owner:
http://www.mopar.com/m_perf_parts_product_part.jsp?categoryID=10021&itemID=658
Your 440 is an RB..or R-aised B-lock engine like the 413 and 426 Wedge.

  Maybe you don't need to rebuild it. Maybe you have a timing prob which is
causing you not to be able to "spin your tires in the dirt".

Re-Bored,means to make a cylinder larger by drilling/boring it out. Usually
boring of the cylinders is done to .030..with .060 maximum and is usually
done only when a cylinder is damaged enough to where a hone won't fix it.
Some of the newer engines have thinner cylinder walls and might not like
being bored to .060. and risk running into a water-jacket.

How long should it take to rebuild a 440? It depends on who is rebuilding it
and what x-tra work needs to be done. Many builders choose to assemble,then
dis-assemble and check clearances,etc.
It is not something you want to rush.

Steve from Albany,N.Y.
'75 Imp 4dr <--can spin it's Sure Grip in the dirt. Not much of a display on
the b-top tho.
'79 440 powered 35 ft RV <-- 0-60 in 29.5 sec...then hold on for dear
life.