Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 4:36 AM
Subject: IML: Generator problem on "59

Hello all, Tonight while driving home from work, I noticed my dash lights becoming very dim. I played around with the panel switch, and they got a little brighter, but still dimmer than usual. When I went to turn into my subdivision, I noticed the turn signal was not working, and that was my right one which is the one that stays on without having to hold the lever. I then noticed the gauge was showing that it was not charging, and the needle was all the way to D. I parked it, and disconnected the battery cable as I've gotten used to doing when I had a brake switch problem. I just had a new brake switch put in a couple of days ago, so that's been fine. Does this sound like a generator problem? and if so where is the best place to get one in Southern California? I printed out the page of resources from the club website, and see there's a very good one in San Diego, but is it best to have the old one rebuilt, or is there a new one which will fit? Thanks, Bil l '59 Crown