Stereo, a way to make it work?

I emailed the list about my stereo situation last week. One individual told
me to check Radio Shack for an under the dash unit. I did take his advice.
I found a neat little item at Circuit City. I told them about my situation
and wanting to keep everything original. They took me in the back room
where they install systems. They had a dark plastic unit that houses a
stereo or CB etc.. It fits under the dash. I purchased it, kind of steep at
$26.00. I did a quick check under my dash. I believe I will be able to
attach it to the bottom lip of my dash with only 2 screws. The back resting
on the center hump. It fit tight and snug without any screws, almost like
it was custom made. With some removable connections and limited screws I
would be able to remove it for shows. My car is a 56 Imperial, I do not
know how snug it would be on other Imperials of different years but it is
definitely worth a try. They told me to bring it back if it did not work.

Do you think what I am thinking about doing below is reasonable to do to a
completely original Imperial.
My Imperial has a fully functional AM Radio with auto scan. I do not want
to alter it at all. So I am thinking about putting 2 6X9 speakers on the
rear below the back window. I am going to get some desert rose paint mixed.
and repaint the existing center speaker cover . In addition I would repaint
the black speaker closures of the new speakers desert rose to have it blend
in.

Also the existing power antenna, is it viable to use the antenna for both
the original radio, and the new stereo I would like to put in. If not I
would just use the CD portion of the stereo and nix radio.

Sorry to email everyone so much. I restored an Imperial 14 years ago. It is
the bottom picture located here at http://avlimited.com/imperial.htm . I
did it alone had no one around that could appreciate what I was doing. the
black one was not in the shape that I purchased my wife's desert rose one
in. It was in need of total restoration. I had to almost completely
disassemble it took me 4 years. Nevertheless I shut up now.

anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx