Long bellhousing and early Hemi

Michael, the only data I have is that the 54 shop
manual refers to both the long and short bellhousing
motors being available in 54, all with powerflight.
This seems to imply that the powerflight was somehow
adapted to the long bellhousing.

Both the cast iron torqueflights AND the powerflights
have removable bellhousings so perhaps they simply
made an adapter.  If you are lucky this is what they
did.

For those who don't have an early car, the first Hemis
(331ci until early 54) had the bellhousing cast as
part of the engine block.  This made the engine about
a foot longer and another 7 million pounds heavier.
Sometime in 54, they moved to the more normal engine
block.

Kerryp