1968 Imperial Reviewed

At 06:21 PM 2/19/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>I just got my 5/68 Motor Trend in the mail, and
>coincidentally it has a review of the new Imperial in
>it.
This "road test" is included in the "Imperial road test 1955-1970" book
that I have.  However, I did not bother including it to the package sent to
Mike Tetrin a few months back with the 64 and 67 road tests.  The reason is
this was a very "low quality" test.  The acceleration times and other
technical measurements are totally off.  The people that "executed" these
tests knew very little of what they were doing.  The photographs were quite
descent though.  Unfortunately, there is no Car Life road test of a 68, and
the 67 road test posted in the IML pages by Mike does not fully show the
performance potential of these cars because the shift pattern during the
test was not right (shifted way too early).  The 69 road test also included
in this book measured 1/4 mile of 16.6@xx (single exhaust) which shows a
better the performance potential of the early 440 Imps.... D^2
D^2