1959 Brake light switch

Bill,

It's NAPA part number SL 136.

Here's the scoop.  My 58 uses the same thing.  You cannot get an exactly
correct brake light switch for these cars anymore.  But the SL 136 works
just fine, with an adapter.  Check your master cylinder and you may find
that it already has the adapter fitted.  If not get one that the switch will
screw into that takes the screw size up to the next smallest size.  That's
what I told my NAPA folks and they knew exactly what I meant - even if I
didn't - and then it turned out I had the adapter anyway.  You need this one
to have the correct male and female electrical fittings.  With the adapter
in place its just about impossible to see.  All you can see is an additional
hexagonal nut, very thin, as the top part disappears into the master
cylinder, and the brake switch encompasses the bottom part of the adapter.

Hugh