Glueing emblems

Yes, epoxy works great.  I just re-attached the bronze on my 68 LeBaron.  A
4-6 minute epoxy works great.  This glue is so powerful that you do not
need to fill up the whole area, a few spots in "strategic" locations will
do. As Mark said, keep the rag handy to wipe off excess.  If some epoxy
does slip off, it can be removed from the metal, possibly by using your
finger nail.  The other advantage of fast epoxy is you do not really need
to find ways to clamp the sheet metal on.  Just hold it by hand for a few
minutes towards the 6 minute set time.  The epoxy will set strong enough
within 6 minutes that the elastic forces of the sheet bronze will not
prevail over the glue, and the thing will stay flat.  If you do this when
your car is warm under the sun, the epoxy will set faster. D^2