From: TJen486582@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 22:36:06 EST
Subject: Re: IML: '61 cooling system problem....
Hey all!

So I get this car with the heating system disconnected. The water pump
was looped back on itself and the heater core was looped back on itself.
It was summer, so who needed heat anyway. So now comes winter and it is
COLD! I decide it is about time to reconnect the heating system. After a
very long search for a new heater control valve and a lot of support
from Denis I finally get the long awaited item. Pulled out the glove box
removed the old heater control valve and put in the new one. Hook up all
new hoses, fill up the system with coolant and prepare for the final
test. Start up the 'ol girl and lo and behold in a few short minutes I
have heat...Oh Wonders!!! So I decide to let her warm up and I notice
that the temperature gauge is steadily climbing to the max. Now this car
has always run cooler than normal. I shut her down and coolant is
spewing out of the overflow and the two water pump connections. I'm
thinking maybe the hoses are connected backwards. I go back to the
FSM...where I started from to recheck the connections...of course the
picture they show is from a '60 heater core and they don't show the
connections at the water pump. So, after this long drawn out story can
someone tell me which hose goes to where???

Overheating in LA!
Thanks,
Thomas
1961 LeBaron