Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 6:14 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 1955 IMPERIAL fLEX CONNECTOR 4 gas tank

Howdy:    I took my 1955 Imperial into the tire shop for the tire rotation and they discovered a gas  leak in the rubber FLEX CONNECTOR which is a rubber part with clamps and bolts attached to the gas pipe which joins up to the gas tank itself.  The part is not a standard hose with clamps which the local gas station can order.  Or if they could they couldn't be bothered to call a supplier. I contacted Gary Goers and he does not have the part.  It is located at the tank end of the line on the pipe that goes to the tail light where you put gas into the tank when you go to the gas station. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.   Like a lot of things which had to be purchased and replaced in the restoration of a car this old; the local gas station in Beverly Hills couldn't be bothered to call up a supplier and locate the part.  I am always on my own in this department.            ;              Someone out there must know and have had to deal with an old rubber flex connector .......... many thanks,   Doug/Los Angeles