Please WELCOME New Member, Dan Melnik (1966)

Please WELCOME New Member, Dan Melnik (1966)

Dan;
 Welcome to the IML. You have some ambitious projects that you want to take
on in those convertibles. If I may make a suggestion, I would hold off on
stripping down the four door, I would assume hardtop, for now and see if you
can find a two door parts car first. The reason being that every body panel
from the windshield back is different on the four door so many parts would
be useless for patching up a convertible.
 Not only are the doors  considerably shorter but the quarter panels are as
well. Although you could cut parts out of the shorter quarter panel to fix a
longer one it is probably easier just to pull a whole one off of a two door
HT. There may also be other differences that Bob Schmidt or someone else
familiar with the 66's could tell you. Don't frown upon the idea of picking
up a 64' or 65' 2 DR HT either as the bodies may be similar to a 66' other
then the trim used, at least the 65' would be.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.