66 Imperial head light switch remidies

Greg Teufel
K7VHV
Imperialist
belleterrier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Folks,
There has been much discussion on intermittent headlights on the 66
Imperial.
The original switches were only riveted together, after time and use, the
rivets become loose causing intermittents and heating within the switch.
If left for an indefinite period,  the heat can and will destroy the
plastic connector that joins the switch and the wiring, not to mention the
switch itself.   I suggest replacing the headlight switch with one that is
riveted and SOLDERED,  this type will provide many years of service.

Another problem with mid 60's Chrysler products is lack of locking washers
on the ammeter connections. Many Mopars left the factory with only 10/32
nuts holding the wires on the ammeter studs, over time the nuts become
loose causing all kinds of electrical malfunctions, because much of the
cars power circuits passes through the ammeter circuit.

Sincerely,.
Greg Teufel
K7VHV
Imperialist