'67-'71 Imperial limos

Yes, if I had the money I'd be in line, too.  I personally like the looks of
this one better than the '67 by Andrew Theodorou.  It just looks sleeker to
me.  And, as much as I like the fuselage cars I don't think they take the
"stretch" as well, at least not in the roofline.

I used to have a 4 page magazine article on the making of a limo at Hess &
Eisenhardt (I think that's their name), but I cannot find it.  My memory is
that the factory simply sent them a number of brand new cars (Lincolns, in this
case), and they just chopped them in half and went to work.  I don't know what
they use to reinforce the bodies but I assume there are some big girders under
there somewhere!

I was really curious about the console not because of the bar - although a bar
is nice - but because of the stereo.  At least it appears to be a stereo.  If
it's an original from 1968 I'm almost crazy enough to want it just for that!  I
hope whoever buys it will keep it as is and not strip all the old stuff out and
"update" the sound system, features, etc.  (I noticed on the page Elijah
created for the 67 limos they offered the same Sony 9" TV I used to have as a
kid - probably B&W!) (And that most exotic of all devices . . . a dictaphone!)

Well, I guess I'll just have to enjoy some prestige motoring with what I
already got.  :)

MM