fuselage vent windows

I am pretty sure Mopar wasn't the only one to do that.  I think that was also
common with GM cars, that you couldn't have AC and vent windows on some models.
could be wrong, but I seem to remember that 1968-69-70 were the years that
carmakers started doing away with vent windows.  I think the rational was that
if
you had a car with AC you didn't need the extra ventilation provided by vents.
Although why that would be true for a 2 dr. but not a 4 dr. I don't know . . .
maybe it was just a case of the carmaker trying to save money by limiting the
number of variations it had to make.

BTW, the vent windows are one of the first things that people who get in my cars
notice, and they almost always express regret that "cars today don't come with
vent windows."

MM