rust starting to show through 78 NYB

Forujewelry@xxxxxxx wrote:
> My 78 NYB has started to show a tiny bit of rust behind the
> right rear wheel at a point just above the bottom of wheel
> well. Since the rust is showing along a line about 1 foot
> long I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience.
> Why just the right fender?

Thankfully my '78 Salon is rust-free, but the reason the right rear quarter
would rust out is pretty much the same reason why the right rear tire is
most likely to pick up a nail. It's nearer the side of the road, where more
of the slush, water, salt and stones (and nails) accumulate when you drive.
Your left-side tires tend to ride on a cleaner portion of the road.

Chris in LA