63 imp (headliner)

Hi,

Do you have a sample? If you headliner is deteriorating, may want to keep
some scraps. you can send small samples of your material to various vendors
that deal in interiors, or better yet, vendors deal specifically in
headliners. I can't vouch for the ability to get authentic patterns (as in
texture), as I have never had to replace a headliner. If you are doing a
concours type restoration, locating an exact texture/pattern match may be
difficult. If the pattern isn't as important to you as the color, you should
be able to have a new headliner dyed to match your interior color.

For some leads, go to:

http://search.imperialclub.com/

...and search on the word "headliner".

Hemmings Motor News has listings/ads for vendors that do headliners under the
heading "Headliners" (what else?) =8^)  (Hemmings is available at most major
bookstores, usually on the magazine rack. Look for a phone-book style
publication in a "plain brown cover")

Vendors of headliner material should be able to send you samples of available
patterns/textures just for the asking. The samples will most likely be all
one color (the material's molded color)  but as I already mentioned can be
dyed to match the color of your interior once you decide on a pattern.

If the EXACT color is important to you, you can send the vendor a color
sample that has never been exposed to direct (or indirect) sunlight. These
small samples can be found as "underlap" i.e. taken from under a piece of
interior chrome trim.

Good luck on your search, and let us all know how it goes!

Imperial Regards,

Jay Mc Kee
'62 Crown Four-Door Southampton