Another Imperial Quote

Another good Imperial quote posted from a body shop repair person on the
autobodyrestoration board.  Looks like our cars are well respected all
around by many!!

i've worked on several early 60's imperials and they all have had one
piece front ends. they also have the
longest quarter panels i've ever had to replace and also have twice as
many spot welds as other cars ( every inch or
so on the qps). another addition is huge reinforceing crash bars inside
the qtrs.
these things were made to haul diplomats around without fear of being
run off the road by anything
smaller than an 18 wheeler or a sherman tank. another interesting
feature on the convertibles i
worked on was rear inner fender wheels that looked like they were
originaly destined for hardtops and
then were modified with sledge hammers in the factory to clear the
convertable top frames.
they also have the distinction of being the only cars that are regulerly
disqualified from destuction
derbys due to their overly reinforced bodys giving one an unfair advantage.