Shifting With Overdrive

I was born too soon for all of this automatic stuff.

My '37 had a three speed floor shift with freewheeling overdrive.  Being
a teenager, I liked to hot rod it and I would shift it through all six
gears manually.  It was a lot of fun but not too practical.  The car had
enough torque that it was all just showing off.

"Those were the days my Friend, I thought they'd never end"

4 - Toes

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:29:36 -0600 mopar@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>You would start out with first,std.. then go to first O/D, the switch
O/D back to std
> as you go to second. Now you are in second std, then switch to second
O/D.