Greg, with the passenger door problem

Greg.  I had an annoying problem like you describe with my 57 Plymouth.  It
turned out that one of the spring catches which release the star wheel was
broken.  I had to replace the entire latch assembly, as these units are
riveted together.  I would check inside the door to make certain that the
linkages are all connected and in proper adjustment first.  The big dilemma
with this latch mechanism is that you really cannot see the break in the
spring catches.  They are enclosed within the body of the latch.  Hope this
helps.  It took me a few days to get mine figured out.  George.....57
Imperial Crown Southampton, 57 Plymouth Belvedere Conv., (2) 58 Plymouth
Belvedere 2 d hdtps.