Gas cap interchange or what might fit

Hi George,

According to the Parts Manual, 1675 193 should fit 1955-6 Crown Imperials and 1955-9 Imperials, but no other Mopars. The filler tube (1616 495) is unique to all 1955 Imperials, including limos.

If the cap from your 1956 doesn't fit, the filler tube is likely non-stock. You should be able to replace your tube and cap with one from any 1955 Imperial. (The 1956 limo filler tube is unique to the 1956 limo.)

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Bob (57-9)

mccollamge@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi List: I had no luck in our archives, so I decided to ask...
What other caps might fit my 1955 Crown Limo???  I think that it should be the same as other '55 Imperials, as the filler is under the Sparrow Strainer, But the cap from my 1956 Crown Limo will not fit. The inside dimension of the filler neck is 1&3/8" and the outside dimension is 1&3/4" and the total outer size of the cap can't be much bigger than 2&1/4" also the lock notches are on the inside. Would there be one that might fit from another make that I could use until I can find the "real" thing?...There is a cap on eBay for a DeSoto'57-'59 it looks about right in the photo...George..'with the soon to be beautiful '55&'56 Limo's'