'60 Air Cleaner Colors

Gold is correct for 1960.
Those other guys were all wet.

The tip about Mopar performance having the Golden Lion
paint was a good one.  I used Testors model paint (in
the teeny can) to do it and it looked 99% accurate.

Remember Testors spray paint for hard to find colors.
Cheap, too.  Did not flake under heat of engine
compartment.

--- Henry Hopkins <hhrp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, thanks, John.  I never really believed all
> those folks who said that, yes, even the air cleaner
> was black in '60.  I raised the question back in '98
> and received several responses that said it had to
> be black.  So who is right?  I'm going to paint the
> air cleaner gold on the 60 I am restoring in the
> next year and this time I will say I got it from the
> IML that gold was the color.  Anyway, gold it will
> be as I like that color.  Black was very boring.
>
> Appreciate your response.  How about the rest of the
> folks??? What color is correct for 60 air cleaners.
> Do we agree with John and with me??
>
> Thanks, Henry Hopkins

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious