Re: IML: New Radio

From: "Dennis" <Barracuda360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Need to install a new radio

I just bought a 67 Imperial and the original AM radio doesn't work.  I'd =
like to get a Am-FM with CD  or CD changer installed with out cutting =
the dash or the old radio location.  Anyone install a newer radio under =
the dash?  Where did you mount the speakers?  I'd like 4 but don't want =
to cut the door upholstery or the rear window package shelf.

I usually remove the box from the glove compartment, and hide the stereo in there. If there are speaker cut-outs under the parcel shelf, you can always mount the spoeakers invisibly under there. If not, and for the fronts, there are a lot of small one-channel surface mount speakers out there today that a car-stereo shop should be able to wire up into a surround-type system while keeping them inobvious.
    -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT