From: Peter Thielman <h53099@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 06:28:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: IML: Spotted: 1962 Coupe for sale

WELL - it was almost good news.  I got the report this morning from my mechanic.
Quick version - motor excellent -  drives good - exterior looks great.
BUT BUT

put this puppy on the hoist and you see the results of a Northern car.  The underside deterioration was significant.  Crossmembers rotted - floor patched at least once - rear quarters were fabricated with fiberglass.  I could have bought this car for $5000 - but it has a minimum of that again to fix the underside.  I will try and get some shots of it to show but it was sad.  Such a beautiful car.  Tonight I will take it back.  I would think someone with fabricating skills would be a likely purchaser - not a guy like me with ten thumbs.  But I expect that would be with you not putting any $ on you man hours to restore only the parts.

I am off this July 01 to a auction where they have a 1957 Imperial GHIA limousine at auction.  1 of 36.  Probably way outta my price range - BUT if no one shows up - YA NEVER KNOW.   They also have a 1973 Imperial LeBaron 4 door hardtop there.  Most will see it as a land yacht.  I am real attached to these Land Yachts though.

Will let you know.

Regards Peter T. .

Brooks Harkey <vm.dude@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Peter –

So glad I could help!  When I saw it, I figured it was actually somebody on here, but ya never want to let one of these get away.

I have this one surrounded:  I have a ’61 and a ’63 but I REALLY like those ’62 tail lights!  Good luck, and keep us posted!

--Brooks In Dallas
  Spotter of ’62 In Canada