Re: IML: ...................onto another subject...........

Re: IML: ...................onto another subject...........

Remind me NOT to take a ride with you any time soon in your "Target"!!

What an incredible story.

paul knisely <thestocksguy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I sold all of my Hi-Po Mopars and switched to a '97 Merc-Tracer........what do I know .
Bought new, I have used Premium, regular 3K oil/filter changes, tranny services every 30K, and
this jewel still gets 30.3 MPG.
Did I mention through its almost 10 years of service, this station wagon has been hit by 6 trucks,
vicious impacts, mild smacks, metal-bending neck-jarring crunches, THEN from a drunk driver that
finally gave it Totaled Status. I changed the right rear tail light, glued thick clear plastic on the
flank and liftgate window holes, and down the road I went with the $1,809.33 insurance
money.........still waiting for the 'pain & suffering' for our necks & backs. Oh, the guy in the '01
DODGE RAM, Big Red, was charged with drunk driving while TWICE REVOKED IN WASHINGTON
STATE, STOLE HIS BROTHER'S TRUCK, AND OF COURSE WAS NOT INSURED.
The Wife and I returned from a movie, I saw this guy sweep two cars off of the road while I
watched this through my rear-view mirror. Then he swerved into the right lane and sent a car up
into the brush...........NOW we have a full four-lane road, with two coming at us. The next
moment was a quick assessment of what-to-do ?????? I saw Human Salad with the Red Truck
creating a dozen accidents in my brain.........O.K.............this stops here.
I stopped the car in the right lane - he was in the left again - then here he comes behind me -
the RED is getting Big, BIgger, BIGGEST..........WHAM !!!! The Wife's glasses flew off, the car
twisted to the left, he had hit the right tail light and involved 6" into the liftgate at a 45*angle.
After we got out and I fell to my knees (something in my neck was wrong) and my right arm was
numb, the Officer came up to me (That was fast !) and called for EMT's, then went over and
opened the truck door and pulled this guy out. About now was when the crowd came near and
an angry sound was all I remembered, then the COP yelled and shook the truck guy and asked
screaming "What have you got to say for yourself ?!!?" The drunk said, "Well, this morning I
smoked some pot, and I been drinking all day." The Officer took him to his Prowler and stuffed
him, not even cuffing the bum. Air-conditioning sure feels great in a FRANKENSTEINED old FORD.
All totaled, I bought it with 146 miles on it, talked it down from $14,400 down to $11,706,
drove it to 159,000 miles, and have collected a grand total of $7,102.66 - not including the PIP
settlement of , I figure, $6K. SO, I have made $ about $2,600 driving this TARGET around for
150KMiles..........probably why I like to shop at TARGET !