From: Peter Thielman <h53099@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:37:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: IML: 1971 A/C Compressor

I just had the unit checked and they did a recharge but advised me that the compressor could not handle the recharge as such and it would not circulate.  So I need a new compressor.  I have read the a/c area on the web page and am under the impression that there  is some swapping compatiblity to later units in the New Yorkers and such.  Here in Canada I have run into difficulty with stores helping me get this info.  Seems in the States stores such as NAPA may have these parts in stock ready to install. If I was to go to Watertown or Syracuse New York area is there a possibility to get a compressor for my Imperial?