Re: IML: Last Ghia-bodied Imperial soon to be for sale

Re: IML: Last Ghia-bodied Imperial soon to be for sale

The last collaboration between Imperial and Ghia still remains that last run
of the Ghia limousines in 1964.   The Duesenberg prototype, athough built on
an extended Imperial chassis, was a collaboration between Exner and Ghia.
Exner and/or his associates purchased a 1966 Imperial Crown converttible,
shipped it to Italy and Ghia went from there.

But Chrysler Corporation and the Chrysler-Plymouth Division (builders of the
1966 Imperial) had no hand in the matter beyond building a vehicle that
someone bought, shipped oveseas  and had customized..  Who knows - they may
have even purchased a used 1966 Imperial.

That 1966 was the last body and frame Imperial may have been something Exner
was not privy to.  After all, he left Chrysler in Noevember of 1961.   ..  .

Bill
Vancouver, BC
.

And as published