RE: IML: Re - convertible tops
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: IML: Re - convertible tops
- From: <dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:34:55 -0700
Thanks, Dick! I will check with the folks at ACME...and, no, my '66 is still the old clear vinly/plastic/? ...they apparently changed the next year to glass I believe.
Thanks again!
Dan
---- Dick Benjamin <dickb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
=============
I agree, Convertible Top Services in San Gabriel (sometimes called San
Gabriel top service) is a very good vendor.
I assume someone has tipped you off to buying your top directly from Acme,
rather than going through a re-seller? If not, contact them at
kristina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and tell her that Dick Benjamin at "Packard
Harbor" sent you - they've been my supplier since the early 70s - always the
right stuff, always fast, and always the best price you will find. I don't
know if a 66 came with a glass rear window, but if so, they can supply that
also - they did mine for my 67, and it was exactly identical to the
original. They also found me my NOS!!! headliner for my 67.
Dick Benjamin
-----Original Message-----
From: mailing-list-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mailing-list-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:05 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Re - convertible tops
Hi all...I am still doing lots of checking into completely rebuilding the
motors/pumps/etc for the top on my '66 Imperial and have come across a place
here in California called CONVERTIBLE SERVICES, ( I think I have the name
right). Another IML member has used them for his convert and says thay are
great to work with and have ALL the parts I will need. Does anyone else have
any comments about these people? so far all I have seen are GOOD comments on
their parts and service! This is almost too good to be true! I also want to
thank those who emailked suggestions about where to get a top from and which
material to use! Thanks all!! I appreciate the info! (I can use all the help
I can get!)
Thanks all!
Dan melnik/1966 Convert. (Doris)
----------------- http://www.imperialclub.com -----------------
This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please
reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be
shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the
Administrators should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm
----------------- http://www.imperialclub.com -----------------
This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please
reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be
shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the
Administrators should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm
----------------- http://www.imperialclub.com -----------------
This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please
reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be
shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the
Administrators should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm
Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network