From: Chris Hawkins <imperial1966@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, 15 May 2006 10:47:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Re: IML: Le Baron Coachworks in 1962

None used real wood trim - despite what the brochures
said.

The '63 LeBaron with leather is likely the most
luxurious.  The cord and biscuit upholstery pattern
was incredibly expensive to manufacture, and it is
almost impossible to find a craftsman who can
accurately reproduce it today.  It involved individual
blocks of foam that created 1/2" raised biscuits.
This method was used from 1959-1962 in LeBarons, but
in '63 the ante was raised by the inclusion of a
raised seam between the biscuits.  This was created by
the insertion of a 3/8" rope between the leather and
the backing.  See photo:

http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1963/SpottersGuide/LeBaron-back-seat.jpg

Incremental refinements in body mounting, drivetrain
isolation, sound-proofing, and suspension calibrations
occured annually.  All should provide a wonderful
experience, but the '63 is likely to have an edge in
regards to a quiet ride.

Chris H.

66 LeBaron