Dan Richardson

From: randalpark@xxxxxxx
I'm thinking that you can be creative and make this work. As long as you connect it to a power source that only flows when the ignition is on, it should work. The housing is adjustable to increase or decrease the spring tension, usually indicated by and arrow and the word "LEAN". This means that turning the housing in the direction of the arrow will cause the choke to open easier (or sooner), while going the opposite way will make it take longer.

If you don't want to play with this, there is probably another choke spring housing that will fit, and which would rely on engine heat. The easiest type to fit would be one that employs heat from the exhaust manifold through a tube. I believe that kits for this might be available and would be called a "Choke Stove". The stove clamps to the exhaust manifold, while a tube carries heat to the choke spring.

These types of issues beset hot rod and custom car guys all the time, so the solutions for them are varied, plentiful, and usually high quality. One draw back would be that it has been many years since cars have been made that way (carbuerated), and most hot rodders these days don't create "little duece coupes" with big V-8's, but rather little Susuki's with a spoiler and a loud exhaust tip. Still, I think that there are hobby mag's out there that can offer information. Try typing something into the web. You might be surprised.

Paul W.