Re: IML: Imperial Concept

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg and Russell" <65luxuryliner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 8:24 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Imperial Concept

I looked at the photos of the 'Chrysler Imperial' (why do the designers feel it is so important to put the two words together?) last night and posted my comments about the car. Figured I'd sleep on it and maybe in the morning when I was fresh from a night's rest, I might see things a little differently. Unfortunately I still am unimpressed and almost repulsed by the photos I see in the article. The 'modern Chrysler designers' (lifted right out of the copy) have done their level best(?) to replicate a Rolls on a (stretched?) 300C platform! Where's the imagination and creativity? If Chrysler's modern designers can imagine, create and actually build a prototype that is as jaw-dropping as the Chronos, why are they stuck in first gear with this mundane, should I say it, cartoonish(those 22" wheels are ridiculous!) concept of an Imperial?

I remember when the 67 Imperial came out. Many felt the last real Imperials were gone.There were many negative comments of how the trunk lid sounded when slammed shut as well as a lot of tacky interior trim, the car looked too narrow etc.
Today, that generation seems to be among the most favored.
John