IML: Please Welcome Raymond P. Fabricius

IML: Please Welcome Raymond P. Fabricius

New Subscriber(s): Raymond P. Fabricius
Email Address is: tumanycars@xxxxxxxxxxx Member Location: NorthCentral
Illinois

Car(s) owned: None at this time.  I am in the process of locating and
purchasing a 1963 Imperial convertible.

Self-Introduction: When I was 4 years old my father bought my mother a 1963
Imperial convertible as a gift.  It was white with a white top and red
inteior.  As I recall it was a basic Imperial and not a Crown.  It had a
standard trunk lid and did not have A/C.

My father was a truck driver and we lived in a lower-middle class
neighborhood.  When we got the car we were the talk of the neighborhood and
everyone came by to look.

I remember going for rides in the car.  When the top was down I was not
allowed to ride in the back seat out of fear I would "blow away".  I can
recall having the top down and my father complaining it was cold and he
would drive with the heat on.

The relationship between my parents was never good (in hind sight he
probably bought the car in an effort to save the marriage).  Within two
years of the Imperial being purchased my parents separated and got divorced.
My father took the Imperial.  For a short period of time after the divorce
we would occasionally see him.  This ended and I saw him three more times.
Those times were when I was 16, 23 and a few years ago when he was dying of
cancer.

Some of the happiest memories I have are of my parents, my two sisters and I
riding in the Imperial.  Unfortunately, I do not know what became of the
Imperial.

I am now trying to recapture those memories.  I am looking for 1963
convertible.  I am presently inquiring into a white and black Crown.  The
current owner is sending me photographs.  When I told my mother she got
exited and offered to go with to pick it up and drive back.

I look forward to taking my wife and two daughters for a ride.  Fortunately,
my children are older and I do not have to worry about them being blown out
of the car.

I own a few other antique vehicles.  One is a 1968 Camaro convertible I have
owned since high school.  I paid $400.00 for the car.  Another is a 57
T-Bird I bought from a neighbor who was the original owner.

I hope to be able to share support with the members of the club.