From: Bill Watson <wwatson5@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:47:28 -0800
Subject: Re: IML: 1948 Chrysler Windsor Limousine

  The Crown Imperial had a 6" longer hood than the 6-cylinder Royal/Windsor  models to house the straight-eight.    Other than that, the visual  differences were basically interior with the Crown Imperial using better  quality materials.   The 1941-42 models used the same basic body, but the  Crown Imperial used a one-piece curved windshield while all the other  Chryslers used a2-piece windshiled of flat glass.    The IOC site used to have a 1942 Crown Imperial (labelled as a 1945) but I  did not see when I was browsing through a few months ago.  And it was not a  black-out model - the rear trunk pieces were done in body colour and chrome  on all 1942 Chryslers.    Bill  Vancouver, BC        ----- Original Message -----   From: V. Scott Senter  To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sent:
 Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:38 PM  Subject: IML: 1948 Chrysler Windsor Limousine      Saw this on the Denver Craigslist site, gotta be RARE!  And it looks to be  in great condition!  http://denver.craigslist.org/car/119046078.html    Almost an Imperial limousine (other than the straight 6 -vs- spitfire 8,  what are the differences?).  It looks to be nearly identical to the 1948  Imperial limo on the '48 IML page.  Hope somebody can give it a warm home!    Scott Senter  Klamath Falls, OR    '63 Mayan gold Crown 4-door w/ flightsweep (GG)  '68 faded Haze green Crown 2-door (ugly)  '70 Poly lime green Town and Country 9-passenger w/ factory 440 and dual  intake/exhaust (family inheritance)  '73 baby blue LeBomba 4-door ($1,500 car lot special, nearly perfect in and  out)  '73 turquoise LeBaroness w/ white leather/top 2-door (Turquoise beauty)        -----------------  http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------  This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please   reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be   shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the  Administrators should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm